Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Spreading A Little Thin the attention span these days?

Well, it is bound to happen someday.
Right?
I mean, how many balls DO I expect to have in the air at once without one of them eventually causing me a concussion?

OK. So, obviously I have *issues*
I'm a tad scattered (as I write this, I am currently reading two twitter accounts, texting with my boss, talking on the phone with my hubs, googling info on psychiatrists in the area, googling adderall dosage, trying to print out a report for work, and looking around at the chaos that surrounds me in this room wishing I could shut down life JUST FOR A WEEKEND and organize my world.)
Because I can't manage to enjoy things in a simple manner, I feel like I have to complicate them unnecessarily. Thus the addition of a second twitter account (I can't be funny with my family watching. My humor doesn't WORK on them). Of course, to add that twitter, and get klout and such going, I needed a Facebook account to reference it to. So I now have a totally useless account set up that I may or may not enjoy torturing people from anonymously for a while. Of course, again, with the tag of Soup in general? It's pretty much a giveaway. Which is why I won't even BE MY OWN FRIEND on that Facebook account. Brilliant, right?
Today is one month not smoking. I'm kinda cool with it. It's also been a month with my working out, and clothes are falling off of me. Now I've actually set up an appointment with a psychiatrist (multi-tasking KICKS ASS) and will, hopefully, do something about this ADD issue I'm having these days. I am aware that I have real distractions in my world, but come ON... if I can medicate with my friends' meds and function, then somewhere there is a med just for me!  Not that I need another diagnosis, but I'm tired of being so obviously SCREWED about getting things done. Work. I need my job. Which means if I have to work from home due to circumstances, I need to be able to actually DO my work from home. Right? RIGHT!

Now. Because I'm just that kind of brilliant Bored DiStrAcTeD. I have started digging through images for...
wait for it....
More images of Barbie... I have to explain this pattern. Because I fear people will begin to take it the wrong way...

Once upon a time, in another lifetime - not so long ago - I worked in a job where being female was considered a pretty big handicap. No one took you seriously, no one allowed you to even DO your job most days. Being 5'5", blonde hair, blue eyes, big boobs, and a size 5? I got the nickname Barbie. 
Hell, I might as well have just stayed home. But I didn't. I was pretty determined to overcome the stigma. Over time, the inmates (yeah. That's right. A badge, a gun, and 1,400 men that had to do what I said!) realized that I wasn't all fun and games. They adjusted their opinions AND my nickname, and Barbie Bitch was born.
OK, don't get it twisted. These days? I'm a lot more Bitch than Barbie and I haven't been a size 5 this century. But come on. It's a play on who I was once, and I enjoy it. Besides, I'm working my ass off (literally) and although I have no specific interest in being a size 5 again...I WILL be Barbie Bitch again some day. Maybe a different attitude, and a different size, but I'll find that inner Diva and bring her back to life. One day at a time...

1 comment:

  1. This works too!

    Thanks for tweeting and letting me know you're following me cuz now I can follow you!

    You sound like my kind of gal.

    And I see that you too have discovered Ms. Sarcasm Goddess. I love her. She wrote a guest post for me last week even!

    ReplyDelete